Sunday, February 5, 2017

Everyone is Altered

I think it is interesting to reflect back on how the ideals of beauty have been rapidly changing over the years. I truly believe the main source of these new trends and fads are due to the advances in technology. A lot of times, beauty was "achieved' by covering up imperfections and flaws, but nowadays beauty is "achieved" if you alter and change the body entirely. And it is all because it is possible to do so now, whether physically through surgery or visually through digital media. It's crazy to me that this type of technology even exists. I believe I am nieve to how much is actually used in movies and tv shows, although I was aware that it existed. I think it is also important to note that this article was written over two years ago so just imagine how much this kind of technology has evolved just within that time period!

No comments:

Post a Comment