Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The Flight:

Dear Diary,

I can't believe I am about to be half way across the world in a few hours. Never in a million years would I think I would actually get the chance to study abroad in Rome, Italy! I can't wait to call this country my home, and meet all my relatives who have spent their entire lives here.
I'm terrified for the plane ride though, but I know the short-lived fear will be worth it in the long run. Maybe they will have a free movie or something that can keep my mind occupied. I hope it's White Chicks. That movie never fails to make me laugh. Also, I should probably practice my Italian on the plane so I can be prepare when we walk out into the terminal. OH! And maybe I'll me some cute-ass Italian boy. That would be the dream.
Either way I'm excited to become a part of the culture. I want to see every piece of grand architecture the city holds, and try every type of pasta that exists. And be able to drink in public (duh). What's the point of being there for my 21st birthday if I'll already be drinking there the whole time there? Anyways, I'll let you know how the flight goes.
XOXO, Jordan

Graduation Day:

Dear Diary,

I'm terrified to leave college. Temple has been my home for 4 years and now everything is about to change. Sure its exciting to graduate with a degree in Visual Studies, but I still have to go through another 3 years of schooling anyways. And what if I end up hating art therapy? What will I do with my life then? I'll just be some broke college graduate with no sense of direction in life. Mom says I tend to worry a lot, and maybe over exaggerate, but come on, can you blame me? Like, Donald Trump fucked up our economy.
On the bright side, this cap and gown does look very badass on me, I must say. But, ugh, what if I trip again like I did at high school graduation? Or the wind blows my dress over my head like at my uncle's wedding last year? That's be my luck. I'll be damned, I never realized how unfortunate I am at public events.
Either way, I'm confident that I got the most out of this experience at the Tyler School of Art. I've made some great friends along the way, and mastered the art of procrastinating on projects and still managing to get that A. Too bad I still have grad school.
Until next time,
XOXO, Jordan

Move-In Day

Dear Diary,

TODAY IS THE DAY. THIS IS IT. I am finally going to my dream school, in my dream city, living in the best place on earth: The Village. I mean, come on now, I got the New York City skyline tattooed on my rib cage at 17. Like, I had to live here at some point or I'd just look like a fucking idiot when I'm 45 years old and have to explain to my kids why I have this thing permanently marked on my body if I never even lived there.
By the way, I am officially more broke than I ever was. I am a walking metaphor of a "broke ass college student." Better yet, "Starving Artist." But hey, atleast I'm going to have a career in doing what I love, and living in the greatest place on God's green earth (or atleast it was until global warming took over and no one seemed to give a shit.)
Also, Dad bought me 2 cans of pepper spray. Because, you know, one isn't enough. And on the bright side, I can finally wear my Jets jersey with pride in this city, unlike Philly. And just based off of that, I can already tell these are going to be the best years of my life.
Damn, it feels good to be home.
XOXO, Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment