Wednesday, February 22, 2017

My 5 Year Plan

In the next 5 years, I plan to focus on myself. In the years to come, my life will be shared with a husband and grow into a family. Because of this, I want to make sure that I do, see, and learn everything I could possibly imagine in the next 5+ years before I have to dedicate my time and happiness to other people. I plan on studying abroad my junior year in Rome, potentially the full year. I want to learn the language and embrace the culture, especially because I am 50% Italian and have a lot of family members in Italy and Slovenia. After that, I plan on going to NYU for my Master's degree in Art Therapy. If you were to ask me if I could live any place in the world, "where would it be", my response would be The Village in New York City, without any hesitation. To live there and study at NYU would be dream come true.

I've had so many friends of mine die from overdoses, alcohol-related accidents, and suicides that many people can't personally relate to. But I've truly learned to embrace the idea of living life to the fullest, and only doing what makes ME happy because of it. If I can help others along the way, it's a bonus. But I understand that I need to live life for myself and not everyone else, which is something I alway tend to struggle with. I think it is achievable and if not, essential, for me to focus on my success and happiness. That is how I plan on living the next 5 years of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment